I had some sound advice from a friend when I was struggling to come up with the words to put on my leaflet:
- Where’s your brand ? People like a brand, even if they don’t know it. It reassures.
- Shouldn’t YOU be the main (reassuring) brand name?
- It should be obvious the instant they look at it.
- Keep it simple. Don’t make the eye work too hard.
- Use one or two fonts and colours. Big and bold fonts work well.
- Think of benefits rather than features. People are usually bored/confused by features.
- Use bullet points to convey benefits.
- Use no more than 4 or 5 words per bullet point.
I tried to stick to his advice when designing my leaflet and am using it to build my website. I am hoping he might give me a B- for my efforts!